How can I configure a D-Link DI-804?
- Open your browser and type the routers IP (usually 192.168.0.1) in the address field then login to configure the router (if you have forgotten the password, then check the manual how to reset the router to default username/password)
- Go to Advanced Features
- Choose Open Ports
- Choose an available number (NEVER 1 or 2, these are used by the router for specific application configuration)
- Check Enable Open Ports and enter the
IP for the computer running DC or click Choose PC
to point it out. Continue to enter the correct port number, the port
number is the same as the one entered in DC.
- Finally enter the routers IP address in the DC Settings dialog. This IP is found under 'System Management->Unit Status'. If you have a dynamic IP you have to change the IP in DC every time the external IP changes.
- If you can search and download files you have configured it successfully.
FAQ adopted from http://www.gangefors.com/adc/DI804/index.html
Last update: 2006-06-03 00:06
You cannot comment on this entry