How can I configure Tiny Personal Firewall?
How to set up Tiny Personal
This was setup using 5.00.1218
Tiny is a advanced firewall with many configuration options and settings. This guide will help you configure DC++ ONLY. Its strongly recommended that you read the manual or other guides on the proper way to set up your firewall.
- Once you get Tiny installed, start up DC++.
Immediately, you will be prompted with a dialog like:
* Check Use common repository
* Check Add to group <name> I created a new group called P2P
- Another dialog box will appear:
* Check Apply permanently. Select To all communication
* Check Add rule to common configuration
- Several other dialogs with "Outgoing Connection
Alert!" from DC++ will be generated. For now until
the firewall is fully configured, just close DC++ and hit apply
only to this connection for any remaining alerts
coming from DC++.
- Open up the Configuration Tool. Go to Network
Security -> Protocols and Ports
- Add a new rule.
* Enter in whatever name you like
* Select TCP/UDP for the protocol
* Select Inbound/Outbound for the direction
* Both the local and remote port should be a Port Range from 0 to 65535.
- Go to Network Security -> Network Security Rules
- In the High Priority Common Rules section, find the one
pertaining to DCPlusPlus.exe
- Click on the line with DCPlusPlus and a drop down box will
appear. Select the rule you just created from Protocols and
Ports ("Everything" in this example)
Delete any remaining rules that have been created regarding DCPlusPlus.
- Click on Save Changes in the top right corner
of the Configuration Tool.
- DC++ should now be set up!
Last update: 2006-06-03 00:01
You cannot comment on this entry