How can I configure Norton Personal Firewall?
- Assuming you have not used DC++ on your computer before,
start up DC++. You should see a dialog like the one below:
Make sure to change the it to "Always allow connections to this program on all ports"
- Next, you will see the dialog box below:
Make sure to change it to "Permit" and check "Always use this action"
- Now DC++ should be set up.
If you did not get these popups, then you may need to manually configure the firewall to allow DC++ traffic.
- Open up the main screen for the firewall and click Configure
- Go to the Program Control Tab.
- Click on the Add button. Navigate to where DC++ lives on your computer (typically C:\Program Files\DC++\)
- You will then be prompted with the following dialog:
Make sure Permit is selected and hit OK
- Next, Norton will prompt you to which category DC++ should
belong in. Select File Transfer
- You should now see DCPlusPlus.exe listed
- DC++ should now work!
- Read the UPnP FAQ
- Open up Norton, click on Personal Firewall, click on
- Next, click on the Advanced tab. Then click on
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and select the rule: UPNP
Port 1900 Block Rule
* Click on Modify. Change the rule from Block to Permit. Click OK. After a minute, you should now see your router appear in My Network Places. If you do not, also permit the rule: UPNP Port 5000 Block Rule.
- After enabling the second rule and the router still does
not appear, consult the troubleshooting section of the UPnP FAQ.
Last update: 2006-06-02 23:59
You cannot comment on this entry