How can I configure Kerio Personal Firewall?
- After Kerio is installed, start up DC++.
Immediately you will see a dialog like the following:
* Check Create appropriate filter rule and don't ask me again
- For now until the firewall is fully configured, close
DC++. You will receive several other popups, just click on Permit
until they go away.
- Open up the Firewall Administration program.
Click on Advanced
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list of applications. Find
Click on Edit at the bottom of the screen
* Change the protocol to TCP and UDP
* Change the direction to Both directions
- This is what the rule for DC++ should now look like:
- That's it, DC++ should now be set up!
- After Kerio is installed, launch DC++. If you
installed Kerio using Simple mode, you shouldn't see any popups from
Kerio asking you to allow the application. If you do, just
allow it for now. Open the program and click on Network
Security. At the bottom, click on Packet
- Along the left side, click on Add.
* Fill out the new filter rule following the example above.
* Use what ever local port you are forwarding on your router to your computer. If you do not have a router, pick any port
- After the rule has been created, it should look like the
following back in the Packet Filter page.
- In DC++, your settings should look like the following:
* The IP is your external one, which you can find out by clicking here.
- That's it!. The firewall should now be set up so
you can search in active mode.
Last update: 2006-06-03 00:00
You cannot comment on this entry